Batch Gamma Process Components
- Uses Cobalt-60 in a Dwell Type, 9 carrier batch irradiator (for unique or low-volume applications)
- Moves product through the gamma irradiation process using a monorail system
- Quick turn time within 8 hours door to ship
- Barriers prevent mixing of processed and unprocessed products
GammaExpress® Expedited Processing Service
Our GammaExpress processing option uses dosimetric release, enabling products to be shipped immediately after processing. Our two expedited options ensure your product will go from receipt to outbound shipping in either 24 or 48 hours, or less.
- Uses 100% EO, a fully automated conveyor system, and a highly flexible computerized vessel control system
- 60,000 cfm PCR recirculation system ensures highly efficient temperature and RH distribution
- Full height chambers eliminate the need to re-stack products between trailer and vessel
- Full load temperature and RH monitoring is available
- Facility meets all Clean Air Requirements and the proposed EO Standards for Sterilization Facilities (CFR-40, part 63, Sub-part O)
- Preconditioning rooms and Degas/Aeration Cells are individually controlled
- Facility offers biological indicators and storage services
- STERIS Isomedix Services operates under a quality system that is in compliance with 21 CFR Part 820 and applicable sections of 21 CFR Part 211. In addition, STERIS Isomedix Services is registered to the ISO 13485:2003 Quality Standard, and adheres to the requirements of ISO 11137-1:2006 (Gamma) and ISO 11135-1:2007 (EO)
View our gamma irradiation guidelines for an outline of documention required for gamma processing.
View our ethylene oxide guidelines for an outline of documention required for EO processing.
Download the Special Radiation Request form for one-time gamma processing projects.
STERIS Isomedix Northborough, MA ISO Certificate
FDA Device Registration Number: 1220477
PAL Registration Number: BG30400133